AIRFIELD INFORMATION FOR PILOTS
ICAO code: EGLS
Location: N51 05.93 / W001 47.05 – 2nm NNE of Salisbury
Hours: Open by prior arrangement, email us on email@example.com
Services: Air Ground Radio (Channel 123.205)
Callsign: Old Sarum Radio
Facilities: Avgas, Jet A-1, aircraft parking / hangarage (overnight or longer).
Aerodrome chart: Available on the NATS website.
Runway elevation: 285 ft amsl
Runway 06: Grass unlit TORA - 781 m LDA - 781 m
Runway 24: Grass unlit TORA - 781 m LDA - 731 m
Non-radio aircraft are not accepted.
Note that Boscombe ATZ is H24.
Joining and departure information: Our ATZ is within the Boscombe Down & Middle Wallop CMATZ. Contact 'Boscombe Zone' on 126.700.
Arrive by positioning to the south of Alderbury at 800 ft QFE / 1100 ft QNH. Join using an extended base leg join.
Overhead joins are only possible with Boscombe's permission.
Give way to circuit traffic.
Depart via crosswind leg to Alderbury.
- If the '06 right' is in use, Alderbury must be on your right - leaving or joining.
- If '24 left' is in use, Alderbury must be on your left - leaving or joining.
Overhead joins are only possible with Boscombe’s permission.
Parachute procedures remain in place until all canopies are down.
When parachute procedures are in operation:
- no overhead joins
- all go-arounds to be flown to the North side of the runway
- no early turns onto crosswind
- rotary traffic to call on RT before starting rotors
- all rotary traffic to follow the fixed wing circuit
Noise abatement: All pilots should comply with Old Sarum's joining and departure procedures. These have been developed to maximise the safety of all aerodrome users and to minimise noise disturbance to our neighbours.
Please do not overfly Alderbury or Salisbury Cathedral.